Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 12, 2009

Today we had breakfast at 6:30 and left for the airport in Munich 10 till 7am. It was a long drive and I was able to finish a large homework assignment tracking all my purchases during the first 3 weeks while in Europe. Therefore, I started of the day on a very positive foot. At the airport we dropped of Ilja, Grandma, my prof Carl Armerding and his wife Betsey, We then continued to our visit to the American Consulate in Germany. We had to go through heavy security and climb several flights of stairs, but the meeting was fabulous. They were so excited to have us and informed us of amazing job and internship opportunities that I am going to look in to working for the U.S. state government in foreign affairs. I cannot wait to check out the website. Many of the other students with me felt the same way. The presenters took pictures of us all together, it was precious. A bit surprising was that the two portraits hanging right when you walk in were President Obama (not unexpected) and Senator Hilary Clinton, really? Really? Okay, these are the people we have representing our country? We’ll see how it goes. Anyways, it was a great visit and I am glad that we drove all the way back to Munich to experience it. Afterwards, we grabbed lunch and starbucks. After an hour we drove to another city that is famous for skiing or something, lol. I hung out with Mary and enjoyed her company. We left for the Shloss at 5 to make it home for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment