Thursday, May 21, 2009

bonjour, oui oui, s'il vous plaît, vous remercier, au revoir

Woke up for breakfast which was at 8:00, I slept like a rock and felt much better but I could have slept another 4 hours solid. After breakfast we had devotions. Kristen led them and spoke about servant leadership. I get to do it tomorrow. After devos we had a ‘class’ session with Underwood for org & admin. It turned into a clarification hour that brought tension and stress instead of relieving it. There has been a drastic lack of organization and communication, which is the cause of most every problem I have come up against throughout my life. At the hotel there is not a business room or anything where we can meet so we end up in the lobby or the small dining area. This leads me to feel we are an inconvenience and an annoyance to the rest of the guest, which is difficult to me. After ‘class’ we had an assistant manager of the Hilton hotel come and speak with us. It went an hour & a half longer than planned with a lot of extras we were not expecting. We now have the rest of the day ‘free’ so a couple of us are planning on heading to the Louve and Versailles, hopefully a coffee shop and a couple other destinations along the way. We have a lot of homework and group work to do. I am in the purple group with Kristen and Analise (who are my current roommates at the hotel in Paris) and Terrell and Zach. We shall see how the day unfolds :] hopefully lots of art!

4 comments:

  1. Corinne,
    I pray the rest of your day was WONDERFUL! I feel your frustration with lack of organization.....I love you! Love from Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie - It's dad checking in. Please strive to make lemonade out of the lemons and share it with others to brighten their day as well as yours! You are having some great experiences that you will grow from and remember for the rest if your life! Love you lots and am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I unfortunately did not get to meet your parents since I was sick, but I'm begining to see how you became such a beautiful woman of God.

    Someone once told me "everything is temporary." which helped me write my first post-finals essay :P God is allowing you both good and not-so-good experiences for a reason. I'll be praying that it will be made clear for you and that He will grant you the strength to perservere in light of the things that are difficult. Don't let your tendelancy to have a "CN" distract you from the beauty around you.

    Grace and peace
    Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrine,

    I play tennis with your mom and just can't believe how excited everyone is for you and your trip abroad Enjoy every second a chance of your lifetime. God's blessings and I enjoy your blog so much. Love in Christ Lois

    ReplyDelete