Thursday, June 24, 2010

And He is Love


I pulled up an online radio station a few days ago while working on translating. The last time I heard the song that came on was when my Christian Missions in the 21st Century class (changed my life) visited the Dream Center in LA and went to Church of Angeles (or something like that). Concert status, but I cannot believe that was the song that came up. “Everybody dance, everybody move, we can make a change from New York to LA LA LA LA.” Repeat it! “We all need love, a different kind of love, one that only comes from above.”

Anyways, that may have been an odd rant, BUT I LOVE IT.

It is Friday morning before breakfast – I continue to wake up between 6-7am. I enjoy it; alone time is a necessity for me.

Life has been good. I am feeling much better, probably about 80% currently, but without difficult pains and the constant need to be asleep in bed. J The team continues to be little busy bees out here changing the world for Jesus. They are unbelievable, never ceasing, but persistently giving forth their all to accomplish much for the kingdom. They are impacting lives every day. It is difficult for me to watch them doubt themselves, their usefulness, or their ability to move mountains and shake up this country a bit.

One of the greatest truths that God has taught me on this trip is His ability to use me here and now, in the moment. Everyone always asks, “Are you ready?” when faced with something new. The world always tells me, “No, you should have done so much more to prepare, prayed more, read your Bible more, you are never quite there, you will never be completely ready for this moment.” But, these are straight up words from hell. There is a reason for everything under the sun and I am good enough. I am ready for the plans set before me today, for the opportunities and challenges that arise. If I weren’t then God wouldn’t give them to me. I don’t need to be more than what I am. I am designed for these moments; that is why I am here in my shoes. Praise the Lord O, My soul. Praise the Lord.

Another observation: the need for business minds in ministry. The majority of organizations we visit are desperate for someone to organize their business: create inventory systems, accounting spreadsheets, design websites, create marketing plans, eye-catching advertisements, drafting grants, and everything else that we learn in our business classes. Though I would say when it comes to accounting I am an average new college graduate, the basic knowledge and skills that I have can help these organizations (who are saving women from sex-trafficking, keeping kids from living on the streets, providing jobs for the down & out) become more efficient and effective, increasing their ministry opportunities.

Today we are going to Pashtupati, where the sisters are for sure going to drain every ounce of energy from each one of us. We will have enough time to shower & eat before heading to Maiti Nepal (the largest organization that is saving girls in Nepal). They are outstanding & the news clips we have seen about them & from them are remarkable. I believe we are going to a dance bar tonight. It is going to ultimately be a very long day.

Tomorrow we are going to church (hours & hours of church, but o so good). In the afternoon we are putting on a sports camp for the children from all of the homes we have been visiting. The evening is to consist of visits to children’s homes & a sleep over with some girls from the dance bars we have been ministering at.

We fly to Singapore a week from today. Just 10 more nights out of the country & then I will be asleep in my own bed. So nuts.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 12:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment